• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Usb otg

zixxorb

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2014
On the moon
Has anyone found a way to use USB OTG on the kyocera event?

I have a flashdrive with several movies that I would love to watch on my phone, however I can not seem to get my phone to "see" my flashdrive when I plug in my usb otg cable. I have tried USB OTG Helper and Stickmount but have had no success with either app. (My event is rooted)

So does anyone know how I can get this to work without a custom kernel/rom since there isn't any for the Event?

it should be able to see that as storage. what are you using and i can research into it for you. also is the flashdrive inserted into the otg before you plug in the otg into the phone? try that first.

if not then use this from the playstore:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5zaGFqdWwudXNib3RnIl0.

it might work then. its not mounted as a storage device. when its mounted then maybe it will work

Upvote 0
Well I tried again todday. Used both USB OTG Helper and StickMount and had no luck with either. Neither app mounts my flashdrive. Even tried a different flashdrive and still no luck. Even tried my usb mouse and nothing happens.

I'm guessing that the Event isn't supplying power to the otg cable but I'm not sure. Nor am I entirely sure how to test this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones