usb port questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my brother just told me he got me one of these sweet phones for xmas but I was wondering since I have a G1 right now if the standard mini-usb cables will work with the vibrant (a.k.a. the galaxy-s). I have a wall plug/car charger combo that I bought off this sites store last year and will be using it again on a trip for thanksgiving and christmas and was wondering if it would work with the galaxy-s. I have a feeling it probably won't work from the tiny pictures I was able to find by searching around on the site.

Mobi Products DoubleTalk Charger for Dell Aero / T-Mobile G1 - Phandroid Store

EDIT: Nevermind, upon further searching around I discovered it won't fit.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

What do you mean? It should fit. That's just a standard mini-usb cable.

3. CptGemini

When I looked at some pictures of the vibrant here on the site it looked like the port was a slightly different size, was somewhat hard to tell but to me the usb port looked a different, if anyone has a vibrant and can maybe get a pic of it for me that would be great if not no big deal I will just have to deal with the low battery capacity compared to the aftermarket battery I have for my G1 thats 210% more lol.

4. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

The Galazy S has a micro usb port not mini.

5. CptGemini

Thanks. Can't wait to get this thing in my hands. My G1 has seen its days, i've had it for about a year and a half. I got it back when it was the only android device available. I've also dropped it a few times and my pouch for it I got from this sites store sometimes doesn't stay clipped on and gets knocked off sometimes so it has scrapes on all 4 corners where the phone sticks out from the case.

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting the difference between mini and micro usb ports... oh well.

btw, HTC phones use micro usb ports too (I have used a Desire charger to charge my Galaxy S).

7. CptGemini

Well the G1 is HTC, so ya think the one I linked in my first post will work even though it says it won't when you have the vibrant selected on the side?

EDIT: I think I will have to carry my old one with me on my trip in case the battery runs out on the new one, from what I read the battery life is not too great with this latest update but I'll see next week when I get it once I start putting all my stuff on it from the old one.