• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help usb port question

So my brother just told me he got me one of these sweet phones for xmas but I was wondering since I have a G1 right now if the standard mini-usb cables will work with the vibrant (a.k.a. the galaxy-s). I have a wall plug/car charger combo that I bought off this sites store last year and will be using it again on a trip for thanksgiving and christmas and was wondering if it would work with the galaxy-s. I have a feeling it probably won't work from the tiny pictures I was able to find by searching around on the site.

Mobi Products DoubleTalk Charger for Dell Aero / T-Mobile G1 - Phandroid Store

EDIT: Nevermind, upon further searching around I discovered it won't fit.

When I looked at some pictures of the vibrant here on the site it looked like the port was a slightly different size, was somewhat hard to tell but to me the usb port looked a different, if anyone has a vibrant and can maybe get a pic of it for me that would be great if not no big deal I will just have to deal with the low battery capacity compared to the aftermarket battery I have for my G1 thats 210% more lol.

Upvote 0
The Galazy S has a micro usb port not mini.

Thanks. Can't wait to get this thing in my hands. My G1 has seen its days, i've had it for about a year and a half. I got it back when it was the only android device available. I've also dropped it a few times and my pouch for it I got from this sites store sometimes doesn't stay clipped on and gets knocked off sometimes so it has scrapes on all 4 corners where the phone sticks out from the case.

Upvote 0
Well the G1 is HTC, so ya think the one I linked in my first post will work even though it says it won't when you have the vibrant selected on the side?

EDIT: I think I will have to carry my old one with me on my trip in case the battery runs out on the new one, from what I read the battery life is not too great with this latest update but I'll see next week when I get it once I start putting all my stuff on it from the old one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones