USB Port "wobbles"General

Last Updated:

1. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

usb plug when in port isn't tight, it "wobbles/wiggles".
    Anyone else's does this? not sure when it started doing this or if it's always done it but I just never noticed.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

i would stop wobbling then?

3. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

Yeah mine too its not a big deal.. its not that the port is loose or anything the usb just doesn't fit tight I plugged the same HTC charger in my moto Droid it also wobbles I wouldn't worry about it

4. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I ever used a USB plug that didn't wobble. I thought it was by design.

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Yeah mines wobbles, but the connection is secure. I tugged on it and it didn't give at all. No worries.

6. anabsa

anabsa Well-Known Member

The USB port on these Incredibles is of an unusual design. If you look further back into the port you might notice there are some more connector pins on a lrger sized base. This is due to the design for the TV-Out function that is supported by the Incredible, and also why it will be possible to connect a charger to the TV-out cable.

Just be careful not to wobble the cable too much. I'm not sure anyone can say how stable this design is, although I can't see anything bad happening (short of someone purposefully causing harm).

7. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

actually, I thought connecting the charging cord to the phone the first time was rather difficult since it didn't seem to fit ... now I've got a hang of it but it didn't seem like it was designed well, or perhaps I just had a bad fit.

8. anabsa

anabsa Well-Known Member

Did you happen to read my post, or attempt to look up how the Droid Incredible has TV out using the same port? It is how they designed the phone. I'm not quite used to typing on any virtual keyboard and have never had a smartphone before this either. I love it, but can't spend alot of time posting with it yet.