• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Port "wobbles"

The USB port on these Incredibles is of an unusual design. If you look further back into the port you might notice there are some more connector pins on a lrger sized base. This is due to the design for the TV-Out function that is supported by the Incredible, and also why it will be possible to connect a charger to the TV-out cable.

Just be careful not to wobble the cable too much. I'm not sure anyone can say how stable this design is, although I can't see anything bad happening (short of someone purposefully causing harm).

Upvote 0
actually, I thought connecting the charging cord to the phone the first time was rather difficult since it didn't seem to fit ... now I've got a hang of it but it didn't seem like it was designed well, or perhaps I just had a bad fit.

Did you happen to read my post, or attempt to look up how the Droid Incredible has TV out using the same port? It is how they designed the phone. I'm not quite used to typing on any virtual keyboard and have never had a smartphone before this either. I love it, but can't spend alot of time posting with it yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones