USB printing from Samsung Galaxy S3

Last Updated:

1. dfarrant81

dfarrant81 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I have recently bought a USB otg male to USB female adapter for my galaxy S3 and I was wondering if there is an app or driver I can get on my phone to print via a USB printer? I have the kingsoft office app which allows me to cloud print my docs, but USB printing would be much more helpful as I do not have a wifi printer :( My printer is a Kodak ESP 6110 AiO. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Have you tried connecting the printer to one of the computers in the wifi network, then cloud printing to that IP address? I spent a few hoursa yesterday trying to do what you're trying to do, then ended up cloud printing to a printer plugged into one of the computers that's always on. (That's assuming that you don't have a router with a USB jack to plug the printer into, and don't want to spend the few bucks to buy a wifi printer server.)

3. dfarrant81

dfarrant81 Member This Topic's Starter

I have not tried that, but that means I have to have the computer connected to the printer swithched on doesnt it? In which case I may aswell just upload the file to Skydrive and print it from the PC. I do not have a router with a USB port, and I have no plans to buy a new wifi printer!! Thanks for your help, I will try cloud printing and see if it is easier than using online storage!

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Try Cloud Print. I wasted hours trying other ones, but this one just works. (And I use a Kodak printer, which most apps don't support.)

BTW, a wifi print server like the old Linksys WPS54G is worth about $20 new these days.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

USB printing is not possible unless the printer manufacturer made Android drivers, and well they don't. They'll just tell you please buy one of our new fangled wifi printers! :)