USB problem

Last Updated:

1. Bwerf

Bwerf New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm having problems using my hero as an USB memory. When connecting it to a computer I only get a "HTC Sync" message, nothing about mounting as a regular USB memory. I've tried the hero on a few different computers, with Vista 64, with Windows 7 64 and with Windows XP 32. I've tried with at least three different USB cables. So I suspect this is something with the phone, any ideas? Is there any setting on the phone that affects this?

Advertisement
  2. celticgriffin

celticgriffin Member

Try using the cable that came with your Hero. It will not work with a standard mini usb cable it is some sort of enhanced usb. Mine will charge with standard but that's it. If you look at the connector on the supplied cable it is not actually a mini usb, one end of the connector is different.

3. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

In case you did not know there is no automatic choice to USB mount, it only goes into Sync mode. Once in Sync mode drag down the notification bar at the top of the phone and you will then be offered the option to mount the USB

4. Zbig

Zbig Well-Known Member

It works with a standard miniUSB cable just as well. The ExtUSB adds addidional lines for analogue audio output, microphone input, headset button(s) support and such: HTC ExtUSB pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru. On the stock HTC USB cable, they aren't even connected anywhere - just look on the cable's USB plug (computer side) ;)