USB ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my Spica won't mount to USB, it makes the connection noise when I plug it in, but nothing shows in my notification bar. I'm running Beerkan's firmware so I thought it might be the 2.1 I was running, so I grabbed my co-workers stock one and the same problem, I tried two different PC's and 3 cables. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

You transfered the SD into another phone and it still won't mount?

Can you put the SD card in and adapter and plug it into the PC and see if it's ok?

3. rwZephyr

I mounted the SD in my X10 and it worked fine, got the files on the card I wanted then put it back in my Galaxy

4. rwZephyr

So, I came back to work today, plugged it in the same computer with the same cable as before to charge it, and it worked fine. Able to mount it no problem, I guess its problem solved, until it happens again

5. Rogdor

Rogdor Member

I had this problem when I was on 1.5 (Rogers Spica). The notification for the USB connection wouldn't show up sometimes and I couldn't mount the SD drive. I think it just hiccups sometimes. It would charge fine, but just wouldn't detect the USB connection.

Your mileage may vary, it may be the particular 2.1 firmware I upgraded to (ECLAIR.XXJE1 with Baseband i570EXXJD1) that fixed it for me.

Here's a temporary fix regardless tho:

Go to your dialer and type *#7284# and this will open the "PhoneUtil" settings. Set the USB to "PDA". If it's already on PDA, then set it to MODEM and back to PDA to make it wake itself up again.

Plug your Spica into USB after that and it should find itself this time, but it may forget later and you'll have to do the whole thing again.

banna likes this.