• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root usb+ sd card brick please help

omanbbb

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
Hello everybody,*

I own a htc legend and tried to root and update to a new rom by the guide here. Now my device is not recognized by the pc and i get a message "sd card removed" and the device is not rooted. I have tried every possible way to overcome this problem. Please help me i am desperate!!*thank you for your time.

Hello everybody,*

I own a htc legend and tried to root and update to a new rom by the guide here. Now my device is not recognized by the pc and i get a message "sd card removed" and the device is not rooted. I have tried every possible way to overcome this problem. Please help me i am desperate!!*thank you for your time.

Hello omanbbb, and allow me to add to Olbriar's welcome. :)

Legend - All Things Root - Android Forums is probably where you found the rooting instructions for your HTC Legend. I'm wondering if the steps you followed included acquiring the SU Root app, either from Market or as a portion of the rooting procedure and downloaded files you used.

If I were in that situation, I'd start completely over by first doing a factory data reset (first preserving any contact or other data you do not want to lose). I think the Legend has the same "privacy" item in the settings menu that other Android devices has, and in that area is the menu choice for the reset.

Once the reset procedure is finished, your Legend will be basically "new." If you want to go through the root procedure again, be sure to take each step carefully, if it's a multi-step method you're using. If it's a version of the "Once Click Root" methods, I'm wondering what could have gone wrong, so please let us know which method you've used to root the device, perhaps with a request for support in that linked area I provided near the beginning of this post. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones