USB stopped working?

Last Updated:

1. bigt

bigt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

Today I plugged my Desire in to the USB socket, to top up the charge, and noticed the little USB icon/logo thing that usually shows up on the top left of the Desire's screen wasn't there. I checked in the phone's settings and it is still set to ask me what to do when I plug it in. I have tried a couple of leads (including the one HTC gave me) as well as both front and back USB ports. My PC is running windows 7 and it plays the chime when I plug my phone in, it also appears in devices/printers but when I right click the phone and choose browse files it is greyed out! I have tried uninstalling the drivers etc, restarting the PC, I even tried to plug the phone into my netbook (running Ubuntu, which used to recognise the phone) but nothing works! It is not really the end of the world but I would like to sort it.

PS The phone charges when I plug it in the USB socket on the PC

Can any1 help?

ETA: Problem solved, sorry everyone, I suddenly thought 'I haven't rebooted the phone' so I did and all works as it should now, I have left my message up in case anyone else has the same problem

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

(A bit less glad to see an Android device being susceptible to a problem that's fixable with a reboot. :eek:)

I've got a really short (15cm) Nokia-branded USB cable that charges just fine, but won't show the USB icon on the phone either. Standard cables obviously aren't. :rolleyes:
    Edit: FYI, that's a "Nokia CA-101 Micro USB Data Cable".

3. bigt

Funnily enough I also use a Nokia CA-101 cable, it works fine for me for charging and mounting as a drive (now I rebooted!)

4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

5. bigt

it is approx 110cm