USB Storage Not Coming UpSupport

Last Updated: 2011-06-20 01:34:17
  1. haimeydroid

haimeydroid New Member

Before i rooted my huawei Acend when i use to connect it to the computer my usb storage use to come up now it says Huawei Ascend on My Computer? now how can i put music on my phone? because the storage drive doesnt come up

Advertisement
  2. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

As soon as you plug in your phone, a box should pop up, if you do not press what says " File Transfer " it will always say Huawei Ascend...if you press File Transfer... and wait a few seconds, you will see how the Huawei Ascend drive turns into a removable drive which is your SD card....if you can not do this....when it says Huawei Ascend...right click and go explore, and then click onto the driver folder, and run the driver setup...if you already installed the drivers...then make sure you press file transfer or it won't change from Huawei Ascend...

hope this helps as this was a problem for me when i first got this phone until I figured it out.
  3. ashlianne

ashlianne Member

So what if since I bought the phone it has never had USB MASS STORAGE doesn't come up like it does on my LG Optimus M! usb debugging is checked and everything but it won't come up on any computer no matter what... and the funny thing is, my dad's won't either.:confused:

if this helps...my services provider is Metro and my Huawei Ascend came with 2.2 but my dad's came with 2.1 and we are both having the issue and both have usb debugging enabled.:(