• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Storage problem - automounts when connected

fencepost

Aug 4, 2010
Update/Resolution: Found the cause of this. I had installed the doubletwist media player, and one of its options is to automount USB storage. This can be disabled from within the player.

I'm having something odd happen - at first I thought it was related to trying out ADW, but now I'm not so sure of that. I've switched back to TouchWiz & I'm still seeing the problem after a reboot, though I thought switching back had made a difference on it earlier.

When I connect my Vibrant via USB cable to a PC, it automatically mounts as mass storage rather than the previous default behavior of having to pull down and enable it (now I can pull down and disconnect it).

This is annoying for a few reasons:

• I'd like to be able to just use a PC for charging without giving it access to the drives
  • I don't really want to wait for the media scanner to run every time I disconnect it.
  • It seemed to be exhibiting this behavior when plugged into a USB cigarette lighter adapter, which means I can't use anything in storage (like MP3s) if I plug it in while driving without fiddling around a bit.
I've rooted and lag-fixed with RyanZA's OCLF, and I've also installed the Mobile AP and Captivate camera, so I'm way outside stock configuration.

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones