USB Storage - Windows 7 won't recognizeSupport

1. mike.mossop

mike.mossop Member

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2, and I am having trouble with moving files from my PC (Windows 7) to the USB storage on the device (I have yet to purchase a micro SD card, but there should be about 10 GB still available in terms of USB space).

Thus far I have installed Samsung Kies to my desk top, and that seems to recognize the phone and be able to transfer files ok.

When I plug the device into my computer there is a Windows 7 pop-up that appears and gives me the options to browse files on my device, synch with Windows Media Player, etc. In this way Windows DOES recognize the device and I can browse the files ok.

That being said, if I don't go through that initial pop-up window I cannot find the device anywhere under My Computer in Windows (where different devices and drives typically appear).

This is a problem because the program I am trying to use to sync my music (Songbird with Folder Sync plug-in) requires that I browse to the target folder on the phone that I want to sync to. Much like going through My Computer, the device simply does not appear where it should in this case.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Mike

Advertisement
    :
  2. ziggyball

ziggyball Member

if you want you can connect the sgs2 in legacy USB mode by going to:
    options->wireless and network->USB Utilities
    In this way the phone and card appear as regular drives in explorer..