USB Tether sound to computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. tws

tws New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 18, 2010
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get the sound to play with the USB connection on a computer? I know I could probably get a head phone jack, but it would be much easier to have one cable. (example, I'd like to play the fm radio through PC speakers)

2. grimstar

grimstar Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Don't think it's possible with your example of FM radio. Two reasons off of the top of my head.

1. By default if something isn't plugged into the head phone jack it will try to play it out of the incredible's external speaker.
    2. The incredible uses your headphone cable as an antenna after you plug it in so it will either not allow you to play the radio or if you do manage to circumvent that it will be very fuzzy.

I can see you making a push for trying to get something like slacker to play but even then you would need an app to intercept the audio and create a stream over USB, then use a program that you can connect to a stream with and play that stream. I'm not sure of an app that does that but perhaps someone else does? Or there might even be a different solution that isn't coming to my mind.