• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Tether Through VZAccess Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

john10101

Lurker
Oct 1, 2010
Hello, I have mentioned this in the XDA thread, but i figured i would include it here as well.

I am having issues using the verizon usb tether plan with my phone after putting virtuous on it. What i have done so far, is installed 3.0.1 after a wipe, via rom manager. when i connect my phone to my pc (i have tried 3 different computers with the same results) and select mobile broadband as the option, some interesting things happen, first my computer makes sounds indicating usb has been unplugged and replugged, and i wait for the hardware to be recognized, which it appears to be with no error. BUT the HTC modem HW never shows up. VZAccess manager, tells me it cant find my phone.

if i look on the phone in wireless & networks, mobile network is checked, but mobile Broad Band connect is not. if i manually check/uncheck these boxes in any order, it still does not work.

if i flash my phone back via clockwork, to my stock 2.1 just after root. and plug my phone in, i select broadband, and the hw appears in device manager, and vz access sees it, and connects online immediately.

i was asked at xda what antenna i am running 2.15.00.07.28. Any suggestions or help you can provide would be great. I really like the Virtuous rom, just dont like not being able to usb tether for work.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones