usb tether

Last Updated:

1. h20

h20 Well-Known Member

anybody get the ulta to tether via usb i know about foxfi but i was wanting to tether by usb anybody know how on boost?

Advertisement
  2. mabuis

mabuis Active Member

PdaNet
  3. TeachMe

TeachMe Well-Known Member

4. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

Third that and pdanet also works well with foxfi too
  5. h20

h20 Well-Known Member

thanks i am gonna try pdnet... but what about the star-rom star settings tether anyone ever get that one to work keep getting a registration error
  6. h20

h20 Well-Known Member

every time i go to download the pc part of program it gets flagged by my anti virus as Malware
    The requested URL has been identified as a potentially dangerous website.
    Further information as to why this page was blocked can be found here. A description of how to remove the block for this page is available here.

Requested URL: http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA350x64.exe
    Category/categories:
    Malware

this site safe???
    never mind just downloaded it to my sd card after downloading the android app so i can scan it with anti virus and then copy to my pc

edit: pdnet worked like a charm pc. exe scanned clean thanks
  7. PH8AL

PH8AL Well-Known Member

Not malware. Cleear case of protectionism. The only thing wrong with pdanet is that it works very well and with out root. The carriers hate and then you start getting malware warnings from your antivirus on the dev's page. Hmm
    Aw this before with P2P apps.
  8. Ralkkai

For as long as we continue to play with software and torrents and video game technology as well as ceelular/smart device etc, people are always going to get the occasional false positive from their respective antivirus software. i see it alot in forums and on the pirate bay, where people report that a download was reported to contain malware by AVG etc. the thing is none of it is perfect and it's all still in it's infancy so you are going to get the occasional flag from your av software. just like you did though, when in doubt ask lol.

as for AVG, if you even make a blank file and make it a .vbs it'll go crazy over it saying it's a virus even though it's not. or at least it used to.

as for the pc-side part of PDAnet i jsut keep the executable on my sd card for quick access when i need it on a computer other then my own. just my lil tidbit rant for the day lol hope your tethering works out XD
  9. h20

h20 Well-Known Member

i know about false hits i use Avria anti V it hits on a lot of android files and programs. it hates zerg rush even when i add ZR to the allowed list it still hits on it from time to time all in all its the best i have used and i used all the big names. but pdnet their site is Junes fabrics kind of weird name for a tec site thats what made me suspicious the simple web design and somewhat misleading site name. you never know. better to ask
  10. Ralkkai

I actually would be pushing avira if it wasnt for their popups every 15 mins trying to get u to buy it. They are arguably the best free out right now...and as far as suspicious sites go i know what u mean. Im in computer repair etc and one of my weapons is a cd with a bunch of tools on it called hiren's and when u go to the site it looks completely fake lol plus u have to seach around just to find the iso to download
  11. thacloser

thacloser Well-Known Member

I use easy tether and it works great.
  12. Satanslave187

Satanslave187 Active Member

Has anyone gotten the native USB tethering to work at all???? That would be great!!! Every time I try to use it or the native Sprint hotspot it just says error 67!!! Anyone know how to get rid of that??? I have a STU on boost rooted running CT-mod 7.0
  13. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

I too use avira and it finds a great many virii though its also like number 1 for false positives or atleast it was 2 years ago when I made it my av.