USB Tethering - Error Code 67Support

1. sheaver

sheaver New Member

Had my EVO for a little over 3 hours and still getting Error Code 67 "Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect"

I obviously expected some delay given today's launch but assumed about an hour at most....unless I've done somethign 'stoopid'.

Any ideas or shoudl I just sit back and enjoy everything else for at least a few more hours....?

Advertisement
    :
  2. avengence

avengence Well-Known Member

Isn't it because they disabled tethering? I know its different than the mobile hotspot but maybe?

Mine gives me the same error. So I used PDAnet and it worked fine.
  3. sheaver

sheaver New Member

'Internet Sharing' via USB is available on the phone.....

I can use data and web on the phone...just get the 67 error when I instantiate the Internet Sharing app.....
  4. ffyter

ffyter Member

I get the same error too.
  5. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

damn.. did they disabled it? I got the same error
  6. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

No effing way im gonna choke dan hesse if they disabled USB tether.
  7. phalcon

phalcon Active Member

If you're tethering in windows you have to install HTC Sync first. I get the same error in Linux, but I don't have access to a Windows computer until I get home to try it on that.
  8. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Just got the same error.
  9. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Where do we g et HTC sync? The evo isnt even on their support site yet
  10. phalcon

phalcon Active Member

It should be on the support site, the user manual has been available since yesterday. HTC Sync should be on the SD card that came in your phone.
  11. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

HTC Sync is on the SD Card in your phone.

I have yet to try the USB Tethering.
  12. sheaver

sheaver New Member

The installation file is actually on the phone....so you drag it over to your PC, (by connecting EVO to PC as external hard drive....see pgae 70 of usert guide) and then install it.
  13. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

The executable to install it comes on the memory card that came with the phone.
  14. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

installing now, will report back shortly.
  15. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

Any Mac users got this feature to work?
  16. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Still does not work! Looks like Sprint disabled it ... Those Bastards! :mad:
  17. drakester

drakester Member

download PDAnet. its free and it works.
  18. DeusInnomen

DeusInnomen Member

I fixed this on my phone pretty quickly by going to Settings > System Updates > Update Profile and downloading updated network settings. Try that.
  19. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

error 67 even after htc sync installed
  20. phalcon

phalcon Active Member

Trying that, but it's been on the Device Configuration thing for about 5 minutes now. Should it take that long?
  21. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Yeah that screwed me all up. Can't connect to anything now. Rebooting to see if it helps.
  22. DeusInnomen

DeusInnomen Member

It took a minute or two for me, it depends on how responsive your local cell network is I reckon. If it's real painful, powercycle and try again. But I only had to get it to update once, then I immediately had data access. If it doesn't work at all, try a PRL update first.
  23. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

mine errors out saying the update is unavailable. :(
  24. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

was happening to me, I called sprint. Eventually I was able to go under settings and update profile and it fixed it for me.
  25. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Sprint fixed it for you??

When I asked them about USB wired tethering, they told me it was unavailable and they we could only Wifi tether for $30/month.

:confused:

Wow, confusing.