Usb Tethering helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. JDubbleTrouble

JDubbleTrouble Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

if at all possible does anyone know an easy way to usb tether to the pc without having the hotspot on ur phone ive seen the apps in the market but im not too good at this and the instructions arent that clear so a step by step would be awesome i tried pdanet but couldnt get it workin any shared experience would help i only want to do this because my brother was able to tether back in the day with his insticnt and connect his pc to his xbox 360 and play online that way so gamers if i can an answer we can all get free connection for xbox live

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You're looking for advice/support rather than offering a Tip or Trick, so I moved your question to the Support and Troubleshooting area for you. ;)

3. unknown zone

unknown zone Well-Known Member

i think over at XDA they are working on this via kernel, but for an easy $10 "easytether" does a great job, i went that route cause I need to go to htts sites, the free version is fine if you dont need to go into secure site.

4. phrnk

phrnk Member

5. unknown zone

unknown zone Well-Known Member

are you sure this method is not the charged sprint version for tethering and will be nailed for "phone as modem" charges.

I know pdanet/easytethering will bypass the phone as modem charge.

6. blondeannie

blondeannie New Member

Using easy tether. Has worked great for the time ive had it. Know a geek using pda also. I know that easy tether is not ROOTED. If you use a rooted program they will cancel your warranty on your phone. the easy tether site does give info alrhough it took me hours to find the one paragraph i needed.
    I M P O R T A N T: do not use tether to pc unless you pay the high dollar premium for it.
    Instead - use charge only. And make sure debugging is on.

7. blondeannie

blondeannie New Member

Also i notified my carrier to place a block on anything that would incur additional premium charges.
    I route my home computer and search and game to my hearts content, even watch some tv. Im usins sprint htc evo.