USB Tethering issue and things!Support

Last Updated:

1. JSR

JSR New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

My first post here so be gentle!

I don't usually post, but have been lurking on here on and off since getting my Desire on release from CPW.

The issue I have is, I have been using USB tethering quite regularly and up until recently it has worked flawlessly.

Every time I try and tether for the last couple of months it goes something like this:

1. Plug into laptop, and enable usb tethering, I then get preparing SD Card and then the connection is established
    2. The connection stays open for 30 seconds or so, then the phone starts to die, and then the local area connection gets dropped.
    3. First thing I notice is, I have the large htc clock and weather widget on my homescreen, and the weather information dissappears. More often than not, it will force the phone to reboot.

I'm not sure what to do.

Other things I have noticed, since this issue has appeared. If I plug in the cable to charge of the plug, the alarm I have set in the morning won't go off. To make sure it does go off, I have to go into the usb menu and set charge only.

I'd really love to get my tethering back!

Any one have an ideas or suggestions?

I am on Orange,
    Baseband Version 32.44.00.32U_5.....
    Kernel Version is 2.6.32.15
    Software No. 2.10.405.2

Cheers

John

Advertisement
  2. JSR

JSR New Member This Topic's Starter