USB tethering just doesn't work.Support

Last Updated:

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member

I plug my phone into the USB port on my computer, Enable USB tethering when it asks, and can never get internet connection working on the PC. It says right on the option that it uses my phones 3g connection to enable internet access. Does not indicate a need to be connected to a wi-fi network or anything. But it never works. Has anyone got their USB tether to work ever? Im not talking about the $30 a month wi-fi tether.

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i'm very sorry that you are having trouble with tethering phone, but we have a new policy in place on tethering. please read this:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/480569-psa-about-tethering.html

edit: we have a new policy about our old policy in that it is now ok to talk about tethering now. so please ask away. lol
  3. ironjoe

ironjoe New Member

i have my wifi tethered right and can use laptops,ipads etc but the usb port pc computer wifi tethering doesnt work at all.. Seems to be bogus all together.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

what app are you using to tether? does your pc see the phone via usb normally? do you have htc sync installed?