USB Tethering lost after factory reset.Support

1. DaveG123

DaveG123 New Member

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace plus (I think), GT-S7500 running Android version 2.3.6.

I bought it about six months ago and had been using it successfully USB tethered to my Compaq 1000 notebook running Ubuntu to provide the internet access via 3G or local wifi. The notebook's own wifi stopped working a while ago.

I was pleasantly surprised how straight forward it was requiring no extra software or change of settings on the notebook. I just turned USB tethering on on the phone and it worked allowing me to connect to the the internet via the phone's wifi or 3G connection.

Anyway, everything continued to work fine until earlier this week. I had two google accounts linked to it (one gmail and one googlemail) and wanted to remove one and the only way to do this I was told by the phone was to perform a factory reset. I also felt the phone had become too cluttered with downloaded apps and pictures etc so I thought we'll do a factory reset and have a fresh start.

Having done the factory reset the USB tethering no longer works but everything else seems fine. I can still turn it on and I get the blue USB icon at the top of the bar but the computer no longer sees the connection. I've also tried it on my Mac laptop and have the same problem.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get it working again?

Regards and thanks,

Dave.

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± VIP Member

Hi Dave and welcome to AF!!

I moved your thread here so others may see it and help you out with your issue:)