USB to car steroSupport

Last Updated:

1. bugman38313

bugman38313 Member This Topic's Starter

My stero in my car has a USB slot in front so you can who Ipod/Iphone up and play it on the system. I was able to even play my older ScanDisk MP3 player on it as well.

So I hooked up my Captivate and never would work. I turn on the player like I have seen my daughter do on her Iphone still, it does not regonize the player.

I guess it is all in the USB setting? I have tryed all and still no luck, will this thing not output to stero? I noticed through Kies it will let me play music on my captivate through my PC.

Thanks, David H.

Advertisement
  2. Swamp Ape

Swamp Ape Member

I have my USB settings set so it asks which way to use it when I hook it up. When I plug it into the Sony deck on my motorcycle it works fine. Instead of choosing USB mass storage device I choose media player. I believe the setting for ask when connected is found in general settings and then USB settings. Hope this helps.

3. bugman38313

Swamp Ape,

I will give this a try I was hoping it was in the USB setting. I will post back what happens.

Thanks,
    David H.

4. bugman38313

This did not work, I am wondering I noticed my music is on the SD External. I tried, through KIES, to move music to eternal couldn't get it to work, it wouldn't move for some reason. I wonder if it has to be internal for the stero in my car to read it?

Thanks for any comments.

David H.

5. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Well-Known Member

Having similar problem, find any work arounds?

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Try Mass Storage mode, and remember to select "Mount" on the Captivate after connecting, otherwise it will 100% not work ever.

7. bugman38313

Not working, do have a question, you said hit "mount" to connect, so where do I find this mount to hit. Nothing happens just doesn't do anything when I try to play it. Also, do I need to have the music playing when I try this move?

Thanks, David H.

8. sremick

9. inningsdefeat500

inningsdefeat500 Member

I am in the same situation. I have a Pioneer-P500UB with USB Out for Regular USB Sticks and also has a iPhone Cable where I used to play iPhone w/o any issues

My Samsung has all the music on the external SD, tried with Mass Storage MOUNT and the Deck looks like seeing it but doesn't play any music

Does it have to be in a particular folder? or something

10. sremick

That's an issue with your Pioneer. Try setting the Captivate's USB mode to "Media player" when connecting to the Pioneer... that has worked for some people when connecting to odd picky equipment.

Unfortunately some manufactures just arrogantly assume everyone uses an iPod.