USB to Ubuntu 9.04 or OS X 10.5Support

Last Updated:

1. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but if it has I have not found it.

Is there any good way to allow either Ubuntu 9.04 or Mac OS X 10.5 recognize the i7500 for file transfer, such as removing photos/movies to the desktop or adding music to the phone?

Advertisement
  2. bearcave

bearcave Member

I file transfer regularly using Debian Squeeze. This won't be a million miles from Ubuntu Jaunty.

The Galazy presents as a standard USB mass storage device, so if you can do anything with a normal USB stick you should be fine. When you plug the Galaxy into the Ubuntu/Mac USB port, do you see the little USB logo at the left of the top bar on the phone? Pull down on that, to see the full notification. Under 'USB connected' it says 'Select o copy files to/from your computer'. Tap that, and you get a popup dialog with a 'Mount' button. It's only when you hit that 'Mount' button that the USB mass storage interface is activated. Once you've done that, my Squeeze box mounts the internal and external SD cards and you're away.

3. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ugh, I am braindead. Thank you!