USB TroubleSupport

Last Updated:

1. DanGrover

DanGrover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 30, 2009
    I have a Vodafone UK Magic. I used to be able to use USB to transfer files no problem. Now, when I plug it in and select mount, I get told by Windows that the file system is foobar and I need to Scan it or ignore it (Win7). If I ignore it, I can access the SD card - I can delete things no problem, but if I try to add anything to it, the card just auto ejects and Windows says there's not a disk in slot J: (or whatever slot it's assigned to), and my phone's acting as if I just unplugged it, "preparing the SD card."

As I say, it used to work fine. I've tried updating my drivers with the ones found in the 1.5 SDK but no luck, it says mine are the latest available. Also, I couldn't install PDANet - it just got stuck on the "Installing App on the Phone" bit, which I think might be symptomatic of the same problem - the computer can't write to the SD card. The phone, however, can - I can download stuff on my phone, etc.

Again, it used to be fine, so I've no idea what's happened. I will try it on another PC later, but in the mean time, does anyone have any ideas?

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Go into the device drivers properties and remove/delete the USB driver that is active for the phone .. if there are any other Yellow alert Driver notices ...delete them as well

disconnect phone reboot the pc and try again ...