• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eric12

Nov 6, 2010
Hi. I'm rooted with 2.2.1 and (I think) Superclean 2.6. I just did this yesterday and all seems to be well. Just noticed that computer now does not recognize my phone. In fact, when I go in to the settings, "USB settings" is grayed out. Can anyone help? I don't think I have clockwork mod recovery installed and I wanted to get that on there before I do something dumb. Thanks!

USB settings will be greyed out when your USB cable is plugged in. So make sure you try and access it when you do not have it plugged in
Yeah. You're right. Sorry. So scratch that part about the usb settings.

Still can't get my phone to be viewed as a drive via windows. Anyone else have an idea? Does this mean I can't change anything on the phone until I get an OTA update? (assuming I can still get one now?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones