use calendar appointments to mute phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Probably the only thing I liked about my Windows mobile phone was that it looked at my calendar and if I had an appointment it would mute my phone. I use touchdown for my exchange syncing. Is there software that can do this automatically?

Advertisement
  2. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I use Setting Profiles to do this. Works well. I've also heard that Locale and Tasker can do this, but I have no experience with them. You can download the free trial of Setting Profiles and see if it meets your needs.

3. jsjames

Those look similar to Timeriffic which I have. But what I'm looking for is for it to mute according to my calendar in Touchdown when in a meeting. Maybe that is one thing that Windows Mobile does that nothing in Android does yet?
    I'll check out the trial of Setting Profiles though.

4. RawlingsSc

That's the main function I use it for. I used phonealarm on WinMo before coming over to Android. I have 4 calendars and have it set up to put the phone on vibrate for two of them.

5. jsjames

I like it, but it does not see my exchange calendar in Touchdown. I don't use my Google calendar or the built in Exchange support. Maybe i need to see if Touchdown supports apps like this to figure out which one talks to it.

6. RawlingsSc

Hmm, sorry, I don't use touchdown, so I have no idea what would work since this one can't see it. Hope you find something though, I hated not having that functionality before I got Setting Profiles. Good luck.

7. jsjames

I was told it's on the list for the next release of Touchdown. So, I'll hold off for now.

8. kpantz

kpantz Well-Known Member