Use Eris as WI-FI cardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Scyimon

Scyimon New Member This Topic's Starter

Im not sure if this is where to post this so mods please move if needed.

I want to use my Eris as a wireless adapter to link my Home wi-fi network to my PC. Not use the cellular network. I know PDANet will allow me to use it as a modem but am unsure if it will let me use Wi-Fi the same way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

3. Scyimon

i don't want to turn it into a hotspot. i already have high speed internet at home. I just wanted to know if i could use it as a wi-fi adapter to hook up to my current home network. the phone no longer has service going to it. The threads pointed to describe creating a hot spot which i can no longer do as I do not have Verizon service any longer. I already have a full license to PDANet but am unsure if I can use that to link to a Wi-Fi network and provide access to my PC.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

According to a blurb found in a Google search (below), PDAnet will connect to WiFi.

PdaNet does NOT require root access or hacking your phone's firmware in order to work. It is just a regular Android application that works on all Android phones as-is. Your phone can connect to the data service, WiFi, or even through VPN and PdaNet will share the connection with your computer. It is capable of handling download speed of well above 35Mbps (35000kbps) over USB and is the fastest tethering software available for Android.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Make sure your phone is connected to your Wifi, then use one of several wired tethering services. All except wireless tether for obvious reasons. Slack-o-matic.

6. Scyimon

Thank you. I knew my wifes phone would be able to (Omnia II) but didn't want to pay another $30 for an app to do so. I will give PDANet a try and post back if it works.