• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use math unlock to prevent emergency pocket dial?

MA573rMiND

Lurker
Mar 18, 2011
I'm sick of accidentally pocket dialing 911 or other emergency contacts from the lockscreen. I have a pattern set for unlocking, but emergency call has none. The problem is, emergency call should have some sort of human verification to it, to prevent pocket dialing and toddler access, but still allow any stranger to use if found on my dead/injured body.

My solution? Use a random math question from a list of accepted simple to solve equations.

I've heard of something like this but only for alarms. Nothing exists like this for the lockscreen. At all. I've searched plenty. There's voice unlock, photo-, pin-, pattern-, and even face recognition unlock. So this shouldn't be much of a stretch, right?

Not sure if this matters, but I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.3 (as of yet-) unrooted stock firmware.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones