Use my AT&T micro SIM on a T-Mobile Galaxy Tab?

Last Updated:

1. cwickstylz

cwickstylz New Member This Topic's Starter

So here's my thinking....

I signed up in time for unlimited data on my iPad for $29.99 & would, of course, like to keep the unlimited plan, but use it on a Galaxy Tab. would it be possible to remove the SIM & use it in a Tab? It wouldn't be such an issue, but all the carriers seem to rape you bad in data for these things! I want unlimited!

Thanks all!

Advertisement
  2. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

If you use an AT&T SIM card in a T-Mobile device, you will only receive EDGE data speeds because T-Mo and AT&T utilize different 3G frequencies. There hasn't been any rumors as to when AT&T will be getting the Galaxy Tab, so you'll just have to hope and wait. Rogers and Bell in Canada use the same frequencies as AT&T and they're expected to get the G-Tab soon. If you're lucky, you might be able to buy an unlocked tab on e-bay once they're officially released.

3. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

The question now is.... Is the Galaxy Tab US versions carrier SIM locked? My AT&T Galaxy S Captivate was SIM locked with a 10 month window until I could unlock it.
    I got my Captivate OFF-CONTRACT yet it was still SIM locked.

Fortunately, the XDA guys found a way to SIM unlock it.

I am hoping this is true for the TAB. I know the iPad is completely unlocked.

4. SilverTT

SilverTT New Member

I am interested in this as well.

Thinking of moving over to T-mobile for phone service / blackberry but would also like to pick up a Galaxy Tab and use it with the same T-mobile SIM card.

Anyone in that same situation? Seems you should not have to pay for two data plans since you can't use two phones at once and in this case I will have paid full price for the device as well. Any info would be great.

5. SilverTT

SilverTT New Member

Any updates on this one?