1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Use new Voice Search instead of voice dialer over bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. wvufan

wvufan Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    johnlgalt likes this.
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I would prefer they spent their time on perfecting the voice dial before they moved on to voice search.

3. wvufan

wvufan Active Member This Topic's Starter

The thing is, they've already moved on to voice search, and it is already superior to voice dial, except for the bluetooth. I can't figure out why they didn't just use the functional voice search instead of voice dial in the first place. I'd much rather go one place to call (say "call jim on mobile" or "call chipotle in fairfax") rather than voice dial for contacts and crippled voice search for everything else.

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Subscribe

5. sdellin

sdellin Member

I assume the useless voice dialer app is still the same old useless app? I had an LG Voyager and used it for about four years. That's the longest I ever kept a phone without upgrading. Why? Because it had the best voice dialer! I could hit the button on my bluetooth and it would say, "Please say a command." I could say, "Call Whoever." It would call immediately, and hardly ever did I have to correct the command.

Why is it so difficult for the developers to make the android voice dialer app work this way? If my old phone with old technology worked so well, why can't a new system with new technology work?

If it's been updated and I'm just missing something, somebody please clue me in.

6. miclane001

miclane001 Member

I agree. I just recently upgraded from the Voyager and can't believe the voice dialer is so bad on my Incredible. Before the Voyager, I had a Motorola flip phone and the voice dialer worked great on it as well.

Why can't Droid smartphones have a voice dialer that works at least as well as older dumbphones?

7. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member

Here's the deal... Voice dialer seems to be completely client-based (on-phone solution) while Voice search needs to send and receive data from a server. That's the only reason why they're seperate... at least the only reason I can think of.

I'd still love to see Google give users a choice.