Use USB flash drive and charge phone at same time?Tips

1. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, was hoping someone had the answer

I have a OTG cable for my flash drive to be able to be read from the S4 but obviously now there is no way to charge my phone. I tried the "JUICED" type 5 in 1 connectors but they dont charge the device while using the usb port at the same time

anyone have any ideas or tried this?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

I could never find any lead that would charge and read a flash drive as well on my SGSII or SGSII and the same upto now could be said for my SGS4. I use my phone's camera a hell of a lot taking site photos at work what I love is to keep a USB drive plugged in permanently, send site photos to a previous configured folder and still use the vehicle charger on it. At the moment it is charged while I use Sygic to navigate, unplug, plug in USB drive, take photos, move them across to USB drive, unplug and plug in charger again. This can't be doing my micro USB port much good.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I know it's not pretty but you could charge wirelessly while using the OTG cable.
  4. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

thanks guys. Yeah i thought about the wireless charging but I think the battery would drain with the app/idea im doing faster then it can wirelessly charge
  5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

6. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

I had read that, just way to involved for what I think i could do. Thank you though