• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Used as keyboard?

Bananapoke

Lurker
May 9, 2010
Im wondering if its possible to use the android as a bluetooth keyboard.

I want to hook the android up to my macbook pro to use it as a keyboard. my macbook has a broken screen so i use an external monitor now. i want to set the computer up somewhere more discretely but i dont have another keyboard to use.

is this possible?

You could use Phonemypc which works over the internet, probably even your homes wifi if you have it (I dont so cant test it). It costs 10 bucks but it can become your mouse as well and will show your desktop on your devices screen.
However i dont know if it supports mac since it is phonemyPC
PhoneMyPC - Android app on AppBrain

Another one i used was PRemoteDroid
PRemoteDroid - Android app on AppBrain
which was quite good

also
Bluetooth remote which i think is also windows only sorry
bluetooth remote

Logmein might be worth a look, though it is only in beta atm. They have an app for iphones to control mac so it might be your best shot.
LogMeIn Ignition Beta - Android app on AppBrain

and after a quick search i found this
Remote VNC Pro - Android app on AppBrain
Again paid app but might be worth a look, just refund before 24hrs if it doesnt do what you want :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones