Used cleaning solution on phone, now touch screen all sticky.

1. Patar14

Patar14 New Member

Of course at the time I didn't read you should only use soap and water.. Any way to reverse this effect? The screen is very hard to use now.

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Try rubbing alcohol. Put a bit on a soft cloth or eye-glass cleaning cloth, that should work well and won't harm the phone/screen.
    Foxgguy2001 likes this.
  3. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but there is no way to reverse the damage. See if you can get the screen replaced which is the only solution. Good luck.
  4. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

Why not try a screen protector over the top of the damage? If you can get it on without too many bubbles, at least it would solve the stickyness problem.
  5. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

It's difficult to make any sensible suggestion without knowing what type of cleaning solution you used.
  6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

^ This. No telling if the "cleaning solution" left a residue or if something else happened. We don't even know what device the OP is talking about. If it's a glass screen you probably just need to clean off whatever the solution left behind.
  7. Patar14

Patar14 New Member

Starting to think I over reacted. The solution I used was Monster cleaner, whicher doesn't have alcohol or ammonia in it. And the effects of solutions, from my reading really only cause streaking and problems like that. I'm thinking it's just grease from fingers. Just not as smooth to swipe as it was when I first got it.
  8. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Another reason to use a screen protector.
  9. Patar14

Patar14 New Member

Can you reccomend a good screen protector? I use the Samsung Acclaim.
  10. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Yes, I highly recommend Phantom Skinz. I've had it on my Samsung Moment for almost a year, and it works great. Just wipe off the grease with my shirt / towel, nice and clean. Feels like the screen has no screen protector on it, but provides great protection.

I have tried many others - Clear Freak, Best Skins Ever, Zagg, etc etc...
  11. tmzbeme

tmzbeme Well-Known Member

it's not as smooth because you removed the surface oils which build up as u use the phone, unless u used some kind of cleaner which left a residue.

i have found lens cleaning fluid to be the best, give it a good buffing with a lens cloth, but i always use a screen protector