Used GPS for the first time...

Last Updated:

1. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...and it worked flawlessly! I have never used GPS (besides the google maps on the iPhone) before and I have to say it was quite a treat. Went out this morning to a few places that I had never been before, only speaking my destination to the phone through google nav, and it went off without a hitch. Even shut the screen off after a few minutes and just listened to the audible directions, and got exactly where I was looking to go without a hick-up.

For the record, my first Captivate, which I had for a week, had the issue that so many seem to have with non-working GPS. After returning it for another unit, it's since worked perfect for over a week now.

Here's a quick shot of how I mounted it in my Jeep (and yes, it is right hand drive):

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Hopefully your will stay good.

3. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Hey, that jeep is cool!! Hope your GPS stays good, mine worked great the first few days I got my phone then stopped then worked again great then stopped then worked again great then stopped, now I just don't use it untill samsung/att does a fix for it!! But hope yours does good for you!! :D

4. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Active Member

Mine works great after a reboot, then it sucks...then sometimes it works great again, even without a reboot. It's just plain inconsistent.