Used Kitchen, seemed to work?

Last Updated:

1. HillDroid

HillDroid Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i used the kitched to auto root, did the test and everything seemd fine, ran the auto rooter everything seemed to go well. got to the green screen and everything on the droid but i do not see ne thing different? no new app no emulator or anything? how do i tell if im rooted?

I need to put wireless tether onto my droid to use with the ipad an other devices. an maybe a nice rom or theme down the road. ( i need to be able to use https sites for school)

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yep.. you're rooted.. however, all rooting does is give to permission to change files, it doesn't change anything until you put a custom ROM on or until you add or remove apps yourself

HillDroid likes this.
  3. HillDroid

HillDroid Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i can go ahead and do fresh 2.0 or which should i start with first since im a newbie

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Just to be sure, you have a Sprint HTC Hero, right? Because you mentioned "...on the droid..." and "..on my droid..." in your post.

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

you can either flash Fresh 2.0d or Damage Control 2.0.8 or any of the 2.1 ROM's out there..or even stick with 1.5 and use Kitchen to build a custom ROM for you

6. kewlhandle

kewlhandle Member

So pre kitchen 0.2 doesn't work with Fresh 2.0d then right?

7. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Some things work, its just made for 1.5....

I use the tools, such as reboot recovery, and I think some people have used it for app removal/ adding. Try it out see if what you need works. It can't hurt to try.....

;)