Used latest version of google wallet on stock vzw galaxy nexusGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mgdeftones

mgdeftones Active Member

I thought it wasn't supposed to work, has that changed? Was able to use it at Macy's.

2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

No, as long as you install the latest version it should work. Verizon has managed to keep it off the play store, but if you get the latest version sideloaded it should still work. I've never tried it but I have it installed.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

It's always worked for me, but sometimes random nfc pads that stores have may be broken or non-functional.
  4. val88

val88 Well-Known Member

It has always worked. The problem wasn't functionality but access to the app. The fools at verizon have always strong armed google into not providing it to the verizon customers via play store. There have been times where there were oops moment when it would appear in the play store for VZ users. But by and large it has been a tedious process but someone has always been good enough to put a copy out there for the community to use. Luckily, nobody has made a rogue version. :)
  5. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

Could someone link to a reliable source for the side load?
  6. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Luckily, I get the latest updates on my other nexus devices. So I just have to save the apk and side load on the GNex.