Used the leaked RUU - love it

Last Updated:

1. xxF1xx

xxF1xx New Member This Topic's Starter

I used the leaked RUU this morning, took all of about 5 min from start to finish.

LOVE IT.

No real issues to speak of like others are talking about. The phone is quicker now, no lag between screens or while dialing. The only thing missing that I can't seem to find to install are the one touch visual photo dialer widgets for favorites and I can't download new HTC widgets like their battery monitor etc.

I like the new interface and I'm sure once the whole package roles out that it'll be that much better.

I'm not familiar with rooting a phone or doing any custom ROM installs so for those of you that are scared of this update... DON'T BE! It was a piece of cake and my phone works like a charm. Thanks to those who posted the link to the download.

Advertisement
  2. xxF1xx

xxF1xx New Member This Topic's Starter

By the way, I also noticed that my pics and items on my SD card were still there. It took Google a min to sync all of my contacts but I really didn't have to add anything else other than a handful of apps that I had installed. Most of them had to be updated anyway due to the fact that I was on 2.1 now. I will have to repurchase Openhome, but I hated that thing anyway.

3. A_Guy

A_Guy Active Member

that's how i felt too. but then i switched to damagecontrol after using the the leaked ruu for a couple of weeks and the difference was huge.. much happier than i would have been if i waited for the real 2.1

4. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

The leak only has test keys so protected apps won't show in the Market. I suggest using Fresh 2.0d, as it is the most solid 2.1 out right now.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

5. jonathan76888

jonathan76888 Well-Known Member

well you can always modify the build.prop so protected apps would show

6. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Im running the RUU as well. It's reasonably snappy- pretty reliable. I did the market fix and installed a superuser.apk and can now run Wireless Tether which is really the only reason I need root.

7. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

I did the leaked update also but how do you do the build.prop? Thanks in advance.:)