• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

User agent question

averagewonder

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2012
Palm Coast, Fla
Ok so i never really bothered with tethering because I have WI-FI almost everywhere I go but I am going to a freinds house on monday and they have no internet so i figured i could use my rooted S3 CDMA as a hot spot. Anyway I was trying to set it up yesterday and go to the user agent selection in Chrome because thats the browser I use but no matter what user agent I selected the internet was still vey very slow or not loading at all. The only pages that seemed to load was google and gmail. Is there a certain one I am supposed to be using or am I missing something. Also I am using the stock 4G mobile hotspot app that is on my phone I tried using open garden but my phone keeps freezing. I am also running number two rom.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0

so your browser works as firefox 24 on a linux. besides metro/tmobile can't identify linux computers for tethering (so i heard).
Since android is based in linux without a more indepth ie more expensive scanning they do not distinguish them.:D

Reactions: akmsr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones