• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

User Created Icons

MoSeS6533

Aug 17, 2012
I didn't really see a thread of users sharing individual icons. I know there are a few icon websites, but I couldn't find what i was looking for so i made it.

Basically, the Cyan theme for go launcher was missing an Angry Birds Space icon so i made one here. Both large and 72x72 icon at link.

AngryBirdsSpaceCyan.png
AngryBirdsSpaceCyan.png

Thought maybe others could post some icons here too.

Actually I just added a few more CYAN icons to that album linked in the post above.

They icons are:
Cracked.com
Cracked Vol. 1
Picasa
LiveShare
DroidIris
iheartradio
Pinterest
Scramble with Friends
Songza

They are all in 72x72 size for HDPI displays. They should retain the transparent corners even when saved directly from Picasa. I don't really mess with this type of stuff too much though, don't know if it might convert them to jpg or something.

Upvote 0
Actually I just added a few more CYAN icons to that album linked in the post above.

They icons are:
Cracked.com
Cracked Vol. 1
Picasa
LiveShare
DroidIris
iheartradio
Pinterest
Scramble with Friends
Songza

They are all in 72x72 size for HDPI displays. They should retain the transparent corners even when saved directly from Picasa. I don't really mess with this type of stuff too much though, don't know if it might convert them to jpg or something.

If you use Apex or Nova launcher, icons don't need to be saved to specifc pixel sizes, like in iOS. It will obviously look more uniform with squared icons with rounded edges, but not required.
And Photoshop is the best way to create icons in png format. I do all mine with it, but prefer shaped icons to the ios squares. ;)

Attachments

• android_central copy.png
    android_central copy.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Calendar3.png
    Calendar3.png
    29 KB · Views: 41
  • Chrome_Best.png
    Chrome_Best.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 87
  • docstogo.png
    docstogo.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 48
  • gearth.png
    gearth.png
    200 KB · Views: 61
  • medical_app.png
    medical_app.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 57
  • dropbox_app.png
    dropbox_app.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 49
  • creditcards.png
    creditcards.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Umbrella copy.png
    Umbrella copy.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 73
  • parcel_Best.png
    parcel_Best.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
Nice Icons. Love the Umbrella one. Do you use that for an RE game?

I actually can't use Nova or Apex launcher. Neither is supported by the LG Connect.

I mostly use GO, but i also have Holo, Regina Pro, Claystone, TSF Shell, SPB Shell, MX Launcher and SSLauncher.

I did use Photoshop to make those icons, but nothing special, just adjusted the colors and rounded the corners off.

Actually I didn't have to resize them, but i figured it would save space to go ahead and downsize the files since they wouldn't really benefit from being larger, but some of my higher resolution files did look unsmooth when letting Go Launcher resize them.

Upvote 0
I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but if i get a chance i would really like to make my own Steampunk Icons. The only steampunk stuff out now looks really busy, i would like to make something more elegant and Victorian.

Probably similar to my project above. Maybe just run a bunch of icons through a Vintage filter.

Upvote 0
Nice Icons. Love the Umbrella one. Do you use that for an RE game?

I actually can't use Nova or Apex launcher. Neither is supported by the LG Connect.

I mostly use GO, but i also have Holo, Regina Pro, Claystone, TSF Shell, SPB Shell, MX Launcher and SSLauncher.

I did use Photoshop to make those icons, but nothing special, just adjusted the colors and rounded the corners off.

Actually I didn't have to resize them, but i figured it would save space to go ahead and downsize the files since they wouldn't really benefit from being larger, but some of my higher resolution files did look unsmooth when letting Go Launcher resize them.

Don't sweat file size. Keep your icons in dropbox or on an ext sd card (do you have one?) Don't know anything about LG phones.
And I take it after you finish adjusting your icon image, you resize to 72x72, then save all icons as png's?

And I use the RE umbrella as my games folder icon. Any chance you'll be able to update your phone to the new Optimus G, Galaxy S3 or the new Nexus phone set to come out?

Upvote 0
No, I will probably be sticking with the connect for a while.

As for icons, yeah i resize them to 72x72 png once i finish adjusting them, but I kept most of the orignals that i worked from.
but basically I just kept the 72x72 finished ones.

These were pretty easy to do once i got the feel for it. But if i did some nicer ones i would keep both the high res and resized ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones