• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

User guide for advanced calling?

Thanks for that link. However on that page, the steps shown for enabling both VoLTE and video calling are simply wrong for the actual phone. However, I have mine enabled for both, so I don't need the correct steps. The page did point out how to move the PiP image (they call it video thumbnail), so that was useful, but fairly intuitive with no instructions.
My phone has the 2 video buttons on an incoming call, but no video button on originating a call from the numeric pad screen where they show it on the web page.

What I wanted to see wasn't there: What is the difference between "Video On" and "One way video" buttons; which way is "one way", sending or receiving??

System version:21.44.12
Build number: SU2-12
Build Date: Feb 6, 2015

Upvote 0
Something I figured everyone should be aware of concerning Advance Calling, if you have a phone that is AC capable, are on a plan that doesn't have unlimited minutes, and you use a Network Extender for better signal in some areas or in your home, DO NOT enable Advance Calling. I enabled it immediately after the update, and that's where things went downhill. Apparently they never tested AC and a NE for issues working together, and there are issues. Whenever I make a call with AC enabled and under the NE's signal range, a second call, made at exactly the same time for exactly the same duration as my call is placed to various numbers in Grand Prairie, TX (at least in my situation).

Basically all of my off peak calls (m2m, nights and weekends, friends and family) are counted as peak, and all of my peak minutes are doubled. Now granted this only applies if you are on an older plan without unlimited voice minutes, but I still thought I should mention it. It ended up costing me around $200 in overages since I activated AC on Dec. 17th. Luckily they acknowledged that it wasn't my fault and refunded me for the overages. I was told to leave AC disabled until I believe he said April 12th, as they plan to release an update that will resolve the issue. I know for sure the date was in the first half of April.

It's possible that the patch may be included with the Turbo's Lollipop update (my speculation since they rattled that date off rather quickly to me).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones