• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help User recommended apps for Moment

emcube

Nov 3, 2009
List all the apps that you would like to recommend to other Moment users.

1. Handcent SMS

The biggest reason why this app is listed on here is because when typing text using Handcent, there is no physical keyboard lag. This keyboard lag has been annoying especially when typing a long txt message, but for some reason, I experience no lag using this app. It also has an iphone like UI with popup notification.

2. RemoteDroid

This only works if you have computer in a wireless network. I have a computer that's hooked up to a plasma just for web browsing and watching movies from the comfort of my bed. I have opted for microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse to eliminate the hassle of walking back and forth. This app simply turns your phone into a touchpad that you'll nomally see on a laptop. The top portion of your touchscreen is used as a touch pad and the bottom portion is divided into 2 sections to emulate left and right mouse button. It works flawlessly for my need and even the slide out keyboard works.

Stooooopid question from a newb,, Do all these work on the Moment? I've perused the threads on most popular apps for the Android, but I'm unclear if they work on the Samsung Moment. I understand there are different versions of the droid OS?, and unclear if this is a consideration when obtaining apps for the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Mitch

Upvote 0
Stooooopid question from a newb,, Do all these work on the Moment? I've perused the threads on most popular apps for the Android, but I'm unclear if they work on the Samsung Moment. I understand there are different versions of the droid OS?, and unclear if this is a consideration when obtaining apps for the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Mitch

all the above will work on the moment, BUT there are a few apps out there that dont due to moment's 1.5 OS. locale being one that I would really like...but with zefie's custom kernals most are workable. but agian some apps are built for more updated OS's. when in the market just read threw some of the reviews and you'll get a better understanding of what works and doesnt work.

Upvote 0
all the above will work on the moment, BUT there are a few apps out there that dont due to moment's 1.5 OS. locale being one that I would really like...but with zefie's custom kernals most are workable. but agian some apps are built for more updated OS's. when in the market just read threw some of the reviews and you'll get a better understanding of what works and doesnt work.

OK,, thanks! Locale was on my list. Any chance sumsung will update the OS for current owners?

Upvote 0
O and MUST haves for me are:

Handcent---->much better than the default messanger
openhome----> adds more pages and allows a bit more customization
quick settings----all in one access to gps, wifi, ect ect.
momentflashlight-----kick ass flashlight!
AK notepad--->always forget stuff so its great when the wifey sends me to the store..
---------------

i have many others but the above is my must have list...plus there are TONS of other threads on this subject that have many other "must have" apps.

edit: and flash your phone using zefies updates...WELL WORTH IT!

Upvote 0
OK,, thanks! Locale was on my list. Any chance sumsung will update the OS for current owners?

yea, they will...."sometime in the 1st quarter"....zefie's flash fixes alot of the issues though so it makes life bearable until samsung gets off their arse and does something...seems most folks think we'll get a new OS after CES...we'll just have to see.

Upvote 0
while I have a bunch of "fun" stuff on there, the ones I could not live without...

Quick Calendar (quick calendar view of upcoming events)
Weatherbug
Evernote
Astro (file manager)
Unit Converter (yeah I use this a lot lol)

extra fun ones..

Cherry Rplayer (music-similar to Pandora with specific radio stations)
Ringdroid (make your own ring tones, very easy to use)

Upvote 0
while I have a bunch of "fun" stuff on there, the ones I could not live without...

Quick Calendar (quick calendar view of upcoming events)
Weatherbug
Evernote
Astro (file manager)
Unit Converter (yeah I use this a lot lol)

extra fun ones..

Cherry Rplayer (music-similar to Pandora with specific radio stations)
Ringdroid (make your own ring tones, very easy to use)

Have you tried CalWidget (free) which uses the screen real-estate better than Quick Calendar widget? However, it does not have an app nor use Notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones