Username And Password Incorrect?

Last Updated:

1. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i try to do internet sharing from my USB connection menu it tells me that my sprint username and password is incorrect. However i never even set one up for it, how does that work? I have a name/PW on sprint.com that accesses our account, but that's it. Is there a different set up for the phone?

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

If you are trying to use the internet sharing option from the dropdown menu, it is technically disabled. That's why you get the error. You need to use PDAnet or EasyTether to have USB tethering work.

3. Sixxx

Ok. Cool. I was using PDAnet last night but i had horrible connection speeds. Nothing close to the speeds people on here were talking about...

4. KitsapAndroid

I personally like EasyTether better than PDAnet. I used both and stuck with EasyTether. Now I just use Wireless Tether for Root Users, unless the comp has no wireless.

5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

you mean in the Facebook app, I have "inbox" as an option which works fine for mesaging. My options are news feed, notifications, photos, inbox, profile, and friends, I'm on official 2.1 also.

6. Sixxx

Well for some reason the wireless tether wouldn't work on my phone. I had the older version and it would make the tether and my computer wouldn't connect to it. And then when i updated it to the new version it wouldn't even make the tether. I dunno what's wrong with it.

I tried easy tether last night and it wouldn't work either, i dunno what the deal is. Any suggestions?

7. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

ignore that other post of mine, I accidentally put of in the wrong thread lol.

8. KitsapAndroid

Here's the wireless tether I use. wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.2 - Project Hosting on Google Code . It works flawlessly for me. If it won't work for you, unfortunately I really would have no idea why. I'm still learning all this Android stuff as I go along. I assume with EasyTether you have it installed on your pc. I would try to re-boot the phone and the pc and then see if it will connect. Otherwise, I don't know why it wouldn't. I didn't have any trouble with it.