Username/Password Website

Last Updated:

1. sigurros

sigurros Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello again all.

I am trying to connect my app to a webpage that is secure and requires a password and username in order to see the page. However, when the webpage loads in the emulator, it does not ask me for username or password but instead just gives me the error message that I have not entered correct information or my browser doesn't understand the process asked.

Is there something further in my code that needs to be implemented past a webview or is this something on the html side that needs fixing? (I am guessing my side, hence this post).

I appreciate any help, and will post my code if needed.

ps, I have not done anything with a username/password in my code, so if my code would require that, please lead me in the right direction.

Advertisement
  2. id0001

id0001 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that basic authentication was not supported in the default browser.

3. sigurros

sigurros Active Member This Topic's Starter

any idea how i would implement this then? I know you can go to websites and it requires usernames and passwords, is it possible inside a webview on an app or what direction should i go

4. id0001

id0001 Well-Known Member

I've once implemented it using a URLConnection, but I don't know anymore how I did this :(

try the following. This is how you could open a basic authenticated link in a normal browser.
    Code (Text):
    1. http://username:password@host.com