• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Users and Profiles on S5 with Lollipop

Gwen1275

Lurker
Mar 20, 2015
With Lollipop you are supposed to be able to set up multiple Users and Profiles without rooting the phone, can someone give me some pointer as to where this is on the S5

I've gone through every screen in settings but cannot find it

Has Samsung hidden it with Touchwiz as it is a feature that is accessible on stock android

Any help is much appreciated

Model = SM-G900F
Firmware = OC7
Carrier = EE

Last edited:
I think this feature was disabled by Samsung since they probably figured you aren't going to be sharing your phone with other people very often.

I have a Nexus 7 from 2013 running Lollipop that is able to have multiple user accounts. It makes more sense to have it on a tablet that can be shared with family members, for example.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply KevinR

I've also emailed Samsung and got this reply back
In relation to your query I can confirm that the multiple profiles feature is not available on the Samsung Galaxy S5.

I can only assume that it is there in Lollipop, but cannot be accessed through the phone's Touchwiz interface

Perhaps they'll release an update eventually to include it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones