Users Having Issues After Installing Leaked Froyo Build...Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...are you all that surprised that you are having said problems/issues with your device?

This is a minor rant, and I'm not attempting to pick on any one individual. I'm just going crazy reading a new thread every 5 minutes of someone discovering a new issue with their X after installing a leaked and of course UNOFFICIAL build of Froyo.

I mean you've already been warned of the potential problems and risks you might face with installing the leaked build; so why take the chance of potentially bricking your phone?

Either way, maybe the mods can create a separate Froyo sub-forum for the time being, until we finally see an official release.

[/rant]

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a subforum for issues as well

3. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

I made the jump and tried the leaked version of 2.2 and have no problems and am enjoying all the enhancements. Flash, louder sound, Gmail option improvements and it seems that I am getting better battery life, still at 80% after 4 hours of moderate use today. Before I was going down 10% every hour and 15 min.

4. Drayton

Drayton Active Member

That's why I never installed it. People are so impatient. I have a friend with the motorola backflip. He still has 1.5 on it that was promised 2.1 this summer. I have no problem waiting for the OTA update. I'm sure lots of people are having no issues, but to the others, have fun screwing up your phones.

5. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

JubbaTheHutt likes this.
  6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

7. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

I agree.

8. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I second that, but am running 2.2 at the same time - these threads below seemed to blow up today, didn't see many at all yesterday execpt good reviews - which I agree with.

9. jreed2560

Just because you're to afraid to mess your phone up, doesn't mean its dumb for us to try this out. I personally love jumping on the leaks and trying new things out. Thats why I love android so much. Its what I like to do. If I mess something up, I take full responsibility for it. Its my fault. Just don't act all high and mighty because you don't feel the same.

Navychief52 and JustinHEMI like this.
  10. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

I only have the camera flash too soon bug. Everything else is great. Well, worth the risk.

11. jreed2560

12. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

i couldnt agree more. i couldnt care less if i brick my phone in the process. i'm all backed up, so it's 15 minutes out of my life to flash back to stock and get everything back the way i want it.

i did brick it the first time. and actually, i did have fun screwing up my phone. know why? because i LEARNED something. more power to you if you want to wait for the OTA, but there is no reason to bash those of us that like to see what we can push our devices to do.

but at the same time, it is annoying when people act surprised that something doesnt work right. and even more annoying that people who decided to wait for the OTA have to parse thru all this FroYo junk right now.

subforum please!

13. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

I admit I'm not as familiar with Android was I would love to be at this time. But purely based on what I'm reading here, there is no way this update is the final build.

This build was probably only setup to test fixes to currently known problems. Some aspects may have been meant to fail for debugging purposes. The fact that the volume, and other features (exchange) appear to have been fixed or a least in the process there of.

I know based on posts over at the moto forums that they were working on fixes for these problems to be released with the 2.2 update. While I doubt this was purposely leaked. Most likely a tester released it not fully realizing it wasn't completely stable or fully polished.

14. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

Well said.

15. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Definitely! It's an unofficial release. If someone wants to try it, no problem....but if it isn't as smooth as was expected....well, that was the risk one takes when placing an unofficial version on their phone

I was with AT&T with my iPhone before this and I always hacked my iPhone because I wanted more features and options that weren't "allowed" on the official software. I had a few times that it would really slow down my phone. I didn't get upset about it because I knew that was the chance I was taking. I had two options at that point....live with it or restore it back and accept it for what the official OS was at that time.

Same situation here, IMO

16. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Take that back. After the factory reset, the camera flash now flashes at the correct time. Only two issues left, that Im aware of. The search button contact crash out, and the still unreliable wifi.

17. jreed2560

Have you tried to reset your router? I had wifi issues until I did that. Now it works like a champ!

18. deadinside

deadinside Well-Known Member

*APPLAUSE*

My Thoughts exacty.

19. cmathis

cmathis Well-Known Member

How is the battery life with Froyo compared to 2.1?

20. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I always wait until the official versions come out. I let everyone else work out the bugs

21. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If multiple threads with duplicate topics are noticed, let the staff know via the "Report Post" button and if suitable they'll be merged. Help us to help you... please.

Btw, the subject of an OS-specific forum has been raised and the admins are aware of the suggestion.

jreed2560 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.