• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Using 2.2 but real laggy

Then can you explain how the backup to restore process works?

Ive installed titanium. and backed everything up

I thought once you flashed a new rom your had to "restore" what u backed up.

but the titanium program said you can't restore until you change that "allow other" apps thing. hence why i posted that shell thing. and that came from titaniums website.

so how did you get all your previouse contacts and apps back once you flashed the new rom?
when you go to titanium backup, press the menu button and there is an option called batch. go to it and it has an option to restore all your apps. i would save my contacts elsewhere, like an external sd card or something, just in case cause ive had it not restore those before

Upvote 0
The pay version of Titanium Backup doesn't display that message. You really want to get the pay version anyhow otherwise restores are going to be a tedious chore. It's cheap, and worth it.

You can ignore the warning anyhow on the Captivate, however (per my discussions with the author of Titanium Backup).
i would prefer to buy it but i have the strange thing where i cant buy international apps, or whatever you call them. it sucks and havent been able to get around it

Upvote 0
i would prefer to buy it but i have the strange thing where i cant buy international apps, or whatever you call them. it sucks and havent been able to get around it

You can donate right from their website and the system will email you a file. Place it on your SD card and you're registered.

The separate "Pro" pay version in the marketplace is actually a separate method that came later.

Upvote 0
The pay version of Titanium Backup doesn't display that message. You really want to get the pay version anyhow otherwise restores are going to be a tedious chore. It's cheap, and worth it.

You can ignore the warning anyhow on the Captivate, however (per my discussions with the author of Titanium Backup).

I am using free titanium and never had any warning or problem stoping me from backing up and restoring...

as of backing up...use schedule tab, then run...it will create a back up..

now to restore....batch and restore....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones