Using a 2.1 Gallery on a 2.0 Moto Droid

Last Updated:

1. GGPC

GGPC New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello -

This is my first post to these forums. I use Picassa and want to install the new 2.1 gallery to my Moto Droid using stock 2.01. Can someone give me instructions on how to do that and where to find the file(s)? When 2.1 is officially released will having the 2.1 gallery already installed cause any problems? Are their any downsides to installing the 2.1 gallery?

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Advertisement
  2. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member

The new gallery can be found at droid-life.com. It is as easy to install as enabling "allow unknown sources" in settings -> applications, downloading the .apk file, and then selecting the file to install.

If you are worried about a conflict when 2.1 comes out, just uninstall it using settings -> applications -> manage applications.

For me the only downside was it was a little slow, but try it for yourself.

Good luck

3. GGPC

Thank you, I was able to get the 2.1 gallery installed on my Moto Droid. One more queston . . . how do I like it to my Picassa account?

Thanks

4. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

isn't your picasa account your main google account? mine auto syncs to picasa. it lets me send pics right from gallery to picasa one step. but i use one gmail addy for all!

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You have to go into Settings --> Accounts & sync --> click on your GMail / Google account --> Check Sync Contacts

6. GGPC

Thanks for the tip, but I tried to sync my gmail contacts that are linked to my Picassa account and it still doesn't work. I just don't see any option to sync my 2.1 Gallery or Droid with the Picassa photos. Do I need to delete the old Gallery? I just can't figure out what I am missing.

7. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member