using a 3500 mah hero battery on my EVOAccessories

Last Updated:

1. boriqua2000

boriqua2000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've been trying to figure out a way to use my 3500 mah extended battery that i bought for my hero on my EVO4G.i went to the sprint store a bought a gel cover and it works pretty good.the hero extended back cover that came with the battery made my hero really thick.the gel cover on my EVO kind of wraps around the phone.you can still feel and see the bulk but it's not as bad as the hero.i put the battery in my EVO 8 hours ago fully charged and right now im at 66%.i have everything that i usally use on like live wallpaper,auto sync,background data and a bunch of other things that they said you should turn off.i don't have 4G on because i don't have a 4G signal where i live.GPS is also off.3500 mah is definitly the way to go.

Attached Files:

• 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      896.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1,012.7 KB
      Views:

Advertisement
  2. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

I'd be worried about dust geting into that huge gap on the back. More dust into the back could equal more dust getting to the interior of the phone, causing problems, but mostly dust behind the glass.

3. MDbandit

MDbandit Well-Known Member

not bad but i guess i'll wait for the sedio with back

4. boriqua2000

if seidio sells the back cover separately ill get one.i dont think im going to pay $60 or $70 dollars for a battery that i already have just to get the cover.

5. HoLs

HoLs Member

I think this actually looks better than the Seidio cover... flows better. Now just need a way to cover that large gap....

6. boriqua2000

i was worried about that gap and the dust that would get into the phone so i decided to cut a thin peice of cardboard into an "inner cover".it may look ghetto but it does the job.im thinking about painting the cardboard red or maybe go over it with a red marker.i don't like the seidio cover for their EVO extended battery.the phone feels really good in my hands,better than the hero felt with the extended back.now if i could only find a holster to carry it in.

Attached Files:

7. bjeremi

bjeremi Active Member

I would never do an extended battery on this phone, ever. but that looks better to me than one of those J-lo sized butt back covers. Good Job!

8. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

any news on the back cover?