Using a better Keyboard on the XoomTips

1. Jef

Jef Active Member

Hi All,

Since I picked up the Xoom the other day, I was kind of annoyed at the wide keyboard when entering in text. I found alternative keyboards which may work better, and posted my thoughts on my site.

I figured I'd like it here for other Xoom users:

Using the Motorola Xoom Keyboard and other alternatives

Hope that helps!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Thumb Keyboard in the market is really good, very customizable. Meant for tablets.
    ArXane likes this.
  3. Jef

Jef Active Member

Rjourdey,

ThumbKeyboard is the one I use for example in the post above. I've really come to like it's customizations.
  4. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Well-Known Member

Yes id strongly reccomend thumb keyboard to anyone that doesn't have it yet
  5. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Can someone suggest a good one for the Xoom that doesn't cost anything? I know that sounds cheap :) but hey, this thing just cost me a buttload. :eek:
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

lol the app is 2 bux bro...
  7. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Hey, the economy is trecherous :) Oh well, I guess if it becomes necessary I'll buy it.
  8. rjoudrey

Actually $1.64. Lees than an ice cream that lasts about 5 minutes. This will last a long time and save a lot of time.
  9. NTexican

NTexican Member

Any chance of getting Swype?
  10. even4steven

even4steven Member

I downloaded the Thumb Keyboard from the market, and it gives various options in both landscape and portrait. More like the way I use a keyboard on my Evo, using my thumbs. I am not sure what my preferred way will be, but I like how it gives me access to numbers and direction keys at all times. Has anyone else tried this or other on-screen keyboards?

Steve
  11. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

How do you select a different keyboard? Long press doesn't bring up the option of changing keyboards like it does on my Incredible.
  12. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Nevermind I figured it out . Giving thumb keyboard a try now.
  13. even4steven

even4steven Member

I think I like the 5" or 7" settings a bit better.
  14. breitling65

breitling65 Member

I got this keyboard too, pretty cool. Thanks!
  15. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it as well, not bad.
  16. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Um- does the pricing not show up in USD for the rest of you? I won't let my card purchase go though, I think since it's not US currency.
  17. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Member

Thumb Keyboard is awesome. I love being able to have a numeric keypad between the 'split' keyboard. So, in addition, while being easier to reach all the regular keys while typing, I don't have to hit '123' anymore in order to enter numbers, which makes typing passwords with mixed letters/numbers much less annoying.
  18. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

I like thumb keyboard a lot!!...only issue is I keep accidentally hitting the notifications instead of the spacebar. :(
  19. rjoudrey

Increase the height of the space bar row.
  20. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

I did...I just miss sometimes
  21. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

This is probably a stupid question, but where on the app can you individually customize parts of the keyboard? The only options I have found control the size of the keyboard itself (5", 7", 10")
  22. rjoudrey

Theme

Layout Keyboard...

Keyboard Height...
  23. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

I just doenloaded nyselk. Need to get used to using my thumbs. As you can see I've improved the more I type. Holy crap this is tough. Painfully slow. Man do i suck.
  24. rjoudrey

I tgibfj it workdbs perrceecutly,
    gamul1 likes this.
  25. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

No chance of Swype yet?