Using a Cliq without a Sim card or service

Last Updated:

1. djharrison

djharrison New Member This Topic's Starter

I can get a used cliq for small price but I already have another phone. Can I use the cliq without a sim card or service?

Will the phone still work without a sim card or cell cervice (of cource minus sending and receiving calls)? In other words, will it still work as a mp3 player. Can I still use the browser at home over wifi?

Advertisement
  2. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

Nope, not at all. The phone will need a sim card in it for the phone to work. Otherwise, you will get a message in your phone saying that it needs a sim card.

3. narandorg

narandorg New Member

On the contrary, the Cliq does work without a SIM card for everything but making calls. I tested this with my own phone. It warns you that there is no sim and you are limited to emergency (911) calls but other than that the music player, apps, browser, etc all work just fine using wi-fi only.

4. toydawg

toydawg Well-Known Member

Yes, the Cliq will work without a sim card. When I received mine, I booted it without a sim card and connected to my wireless router right away. It browses the web, downloads from the Android Market, and plays music perfectly. Just make sure you have a wireless internet connection available.

5. Cliqr

Cliqr Member

Since I got my Cliq used and it's already been booted up. The only message I have is "needs sim card".
    How can I do what you did?

6. Cliqr

Cliqr Member

I don't know what I did but I got it to work without the sim card. I now have wifi if I want until I get full phone service.