• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

using a different charger

riffdex

Android Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2010
hey. i have an LG phone charger that has a micro-b usb end. I would like to use it to charge my droid with but im afraid using a charger that was not designed for the droid would be a bad idea. the charger says 5.1V output. is it ok to use this charger on my droid?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I tried to use the LG charger on my droid; didn't work for crap. I was wanting to use the charger that came with my phone, in the bedroom and then use the LG charger that I had from before, down in the kitchen. Yeah it didnt work so well, I had it plugged in for hours and the battery would charge a total of maybe 5% in the whole time frame.

I charge via the computer or by the stock motorola charger.

Upvote 0
I haven't even used the charger that came with my phone yet, lol. I'm using an older micro usb charger i had for my old moto razr2. I even use the micro charger i have for my stereo bluetooth headset. Even on occasion i use the micro car charger i got from sprint years back when i had the razr2. I find it kinda funny though that the charger has sprints logo on it yet i'm on verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones