using a different SD card to one supplied

Last Updated:

1. emily01

emily01 Member This Topic's Starter

hey all ,
    i took the SD card from my nokia 5800 and used that in the desire from the start A. as it had all my pics and music on it , B. its an 8mb more than the 4 supplied with the phone..... now when i connect the phone to my pc via the usb it cant find the software and will only let me charge the phone via the usb.
    Do i need to be using the one supplied with the phone to get the best out of the phone then ? and if so how do i get my pics and music from one to the other (my sd slot on the laptop doesnt accept micro sd)
    thanks , em

Advertisement
  2. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

i think you may need to format your new memory card in phone for it to pick up. but first you need to get the things off it like the music etc. Try puting it on your 5800 and copy it to a folder on pc. you can format the card in your desire and copy the stuff back over

3. emily01

emily01 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the reply,,,,, daft Q how do i format it ? lol

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Menu, settings, SD card and phone stoage, unmount SD card then format sd card.

This will erase ALL your data on it.

Before you do this, when you plug in via usb, bring down notification bar and select "mount sd card" can you view it in My computer then?

5. PhoneOwner

PhoneOwner New Member

also have desire and nokia 5800, but the card from the nokia works perfectly...in the nokia but not recognized at all in the htc????????